This one-year course is aimed at those who are not currently employed
within a teaching environment. The course will help you to develop your teaching
skills, reflect on current ideas about education and training and creatively
explore the professional opportunities open to you.
Much of the course is
focused on practical teaching. You will gain experience of learning and teaching
alongside other teachers and trainers, with support from your tutors. You will
develop key skills needed to be teaching in the educations, training and skills
- Principles and Practice in
- Post-compulsory Education
- Practical Teaching and Learning
- Advanced Professional Practice in Context
- Exploring Specialist Teaching
- Completion of a Practical Teaching File.
Why study with us?
We have an experienced teaching team who have a good reputation for
ensuring you receive a quality teaching and learning experience.
will you be supported in your studies by the teaching team, you will receive
help from our learning-centred staff in relation to academic and research
Modern teaching rooms are used with access to current software
and a range of ICT resources.
- A Level 3 certificate in your subject specialism (or substantial
- Prepared to undertake a placement to gain a minimum of 100 hours teaching
- A current, valid and clean DBS
- Competence at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy (e.g. GCSE, Functional
- UK Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply
Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as a College Lecturer or Teacher, a Secondary School Teacher, Curriculum Team leader, a Teacher in Uniformed Services or in learning and development. You could also be a teacher with adult and community learning, as well as charitable organisations.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course
directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering
in 2021/22. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if