This one-year course is aimed at those who are not currently working
within a teaching environment.
The course will help you to develop your
teaching skills, reflect on current ideas about education and training and
creatively explore the professional opportunities open to you.
- Principles and Practice in Post-compulsory Education
- Practical Teaching and Learning
- Advanced Professional Practice in Context
- Exploring Specialist Teaching
- Completion of a Practical Teaching File
Why study with us?
We have an experienced teaching team who have a good reputation for
ensuring you receive a quality teaching and learning experience.
will you be supported in your studies by the teaching team, you will receive
help from our learning-centred staff in relation to academic and research
Modern teaching rooms are also used with access to current
software and a range of ICT resources.
- A Level 3 certificate in your subject specialism (or substantial
- Prepared to undertake a placement to gain a minimum of 100 hours teaching
- A current, valid and clean DBS
- Competence at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy (e.g. GCSE, Functional
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply
Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as a College Lecturer or Teacher, Curriculum Team Leader, a Teacher in Uniformed Services or in learning and development. You could also be a teacher with adult and community learning as well as charitable organisations.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course
directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering
in 2021/22. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if