This course will focus on the key developments within the lens-based
industries, from both an historical and technical perspective. You will learn
all aspects of current technology associated with both media and photography.
The modules will allow you to work on self-generated and client-led briefs,
which will challenge you to think creatively and consider the parameters of the
set tasks. The course focuses on enabling you to gain work placements and find
freelance opportunities whilst giving a realistic insight into the world of
media, moving image and photography.
During the course you will develop
your photographic techniques in both traditional and digital practice and image
manipulation as well as ideas that embody a range of media formats and skills to
create a range of products.
Optional modules include:
- Digital Foundations
- Research Techniques
- Historical Context
- Single Camera Techniques
- Multi Camera Techniques
- Film Studies (Media pathway)
- Processes and Approaches to Traditional Photography
- Processes and Approaches to Digital Photography
- Digital Image Manipulation (Photography pathway)
Optional modules include:
- Professional Practice
- Negotiated Practice
- Specialist Practice Investigation
- Sound Design
- Scriptwriting for Moving Image
- Advanced Production for Moving Image (Media pathway)
- Photographic Genres and Technologies
- Introduction to the Artists Book
- Digital Story Telling (Photography pathway)
- Freelance Practice
- Marketing and Branding for Lens-Based Practitioners
- Realisation and Development
- Planning and Developing an Exhibition
Why study with us?
We provide small study groups with training from industry professionals in
You will have access to industry-standard facilities,
including TV studio, radio studio, photography studio, a traditional
photographic dark room and editing suites.
Trips will also take place
during the course of study including film festivals, exhibitions, trade shows
and creative-based residentials.
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- You will also be expected to provide examples or a showreel/portfolio of
work at interview
- If English is not a first language you must have an IELTS score of 6.0
with a minimum of 5.5 in all key skills or equivalent
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply
Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into freelance
photography, commercial photography, photographic editing, video editing, script
writing and self-employment in the creative industries.
you could pursue a career in sound design, camera operating, directing or
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course
directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering
in 2021/22. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if