This course has been designed in collaboration with employers, students and staff in the tourism and hospitality sector. It provides a robust programme to develop your skills and knowledge in the workplace and ultimately prepare you for a career in tourism and hospitality.
Year 1 (Core modules)
Optional modules include:
- Self-Analysis and Career Development
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Work-based Learning and Employability
- Customer Service in the Tourism and Hospitality Sector
- Event Management
Year 2 (Core modules)
- International Travel Affairs (Tourism) or Licensed Trade Management
Optional modules include:
- Managing Financial Resources
- Introduction to Business Research
- Leadership and Management
- Geography and Tourist Destinations (Tourism) or International Food
- Airport and Airline Operations (Tourism) or Food Production and Service
- Tourism Development (Tourism) or Enterprise for Hospitality
Why study with us?
Our industry-experienced teaching team employ a range of innovative
teaching and learning methods to challenge you to improve your skills and
You will have the opportunity to attend various trips and
visits throughout the duration of your course to add relevant
In addition, you will be entitled to Associate Member status
of Sheffield Hallam University, offering access to their learning centres in
Sheffield and use of the support services.
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- Satisfactory references
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply
Now button at the top of the page.
Many of our former students progress into employment with highly regarded
organisations within the tourism and hospitality industry.
successful completion of this course you could go into employment as an Events
Co-ordinator, Travel Advisor, Cabin Crew Staff, Customer Services, Front of
House Staff or Hotel Manager or Supervisor.
Alternatively, there are
top-up progression routes available via Sheffield Hallam University for students
who pass the Foundation Degree. These include International Tourism Management,
International Hospitality Business Management, International Hotel and Resort
Management and International Tourism and Hospitality Management.
will be guided by University staff to the appropriate top-up.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course
directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering
in 2021/22. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if