This flexible programme has been designed in collaboration with employers, students and staff in the tourism and hospitality sector. It provides a robust programme to develop your skills and knowledge in the workplace and ultimately prepare you for a career in tourism and hospitality.
Year 1 (Core modules)
Optional modules include:
- Self-Analysis and Career Development
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Work Based Learning and Employability
- Customer Service in the Tourism and Hospitality Sector
- Event Management
Year 2 (Core modules)
- International Travel Affairs (Tourism) or Licensed Trade Management
Optional modules include:
- Managing Financial Resources
- Introduction to Business Research
- Leadership and Management
- Geography and Tourist Destinations (Tourism) or International Food
- Airport and Airline Operations (Tourism) or Food Production and Service
- Tourism Development (Tourism) or Enterprise for Hospitality
Why study with us?
Our industry-experienced teaching team employ a range of innovative
teaching and learning methods to challenge you to improve your skills and
You will be given excellent support in pursuing aspirational
careers, with many former students progressing into employment with
highly-regarded organisations within the tourism and hospitality industry.
You may have the opportunity to attend various trips and visits
throughout the duration of your course to add relevant experience to the
In addition, you will be entitled to Associate Member status
of Sheffield Hallam University, offering access to their learning centres in
Sheffield and use of the support services.
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- Satisfactory references
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as
an Events Co-ordinator, Travel Advisor, cabin crew staff, customer services,
front of house staff or Hotel Manager or Supervisor.
top-up progression routes via Sheffield Hallam University for students who pass
the Foundation Degree are International Tourism Management, International
Hospitality Business Management, International Hotel and Resort Management and
International Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Students will be guided
by College and University staff through elective choice to the appropriate
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course
directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering
However, we do reserve the right to make changes if