This course has been designed in response to the rapidly changing
workforce demands and policy initiatives aimed at modernising services and
improving quality, productivity and efficiency. It covers both the academic and
work-based competencies that are relevant to a multitude of roles within health
and social care settings.
- Work Based Learning 1 Academic/Practice
- Reflective and Personal Development Skills
- Essential Sciences for Person-centred Care
- Integrated Holistic Assessment and Delivery of Health and Social Care
- Foundations for Effective Collaborative Practice
- Work Based Learning 2 Academic/Practice
- Promoting Health, Wellbeing and Independence
- Using and Evaluating Evidence to Inform Practice
- Leadership and Management
Why study with us?
The course offers an intimate learning environment with groups of no more
than 25 learners. The tutors are experienced in teaching at this level of
academia and have relevant experience within the health and social care
In addition to achieving the relevant academic qualifications,
the course includes a placement element to ensure that you can advance your
practical skills as well.
Students who successfully complete the FdSc have the opportunity to
progress to BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Studies Top Up at Sheffield Hallam
University as well as being eligible to apply for a health or social care
Students can apply for entry to Level 5 of
diagnostic radiography, adult nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy,
paramedic practice or social work. In addition they can apply for entry at Level
4 for mental health or child nursing, combined learning disabilities nursing and
social work, midwifery, operating department practice and radiotherapy and
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above or
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button.
University Centre Rotherham (UCR)
This course will be delivered in the new University Centre Rotherham (UCR)
from Autumn 2018. Click here to visit
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course
directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering
in 2018-20 or 2020-21.
However, we do reserve the right to make changes