The course will provide an innovative response to specific sector needs for the professional development of childminders, pre-school learning leaders and early years practitioners.
- Academic Study Skills
- Early Childhood Development
- Professional Reflective Practice: Listening and Learning Journeys
- Safeguarding and Promoting the Well-being of Young Children
- Social Inclusion and Early Childhood Education
- Professional Reflective Practice: Learning Journeys
- Approaches to Research in Early Childhood Studies
- Children’s Play and Creativity
- Professional Reflective Practice: Transitions and Critical Reflection on
- Research Report
- Inclusive Strategies for Children with Special Educational Needs and
- Professional Reflective Practice: Critical Reflection on Alternative
Why study with us?
We have an excellent reputation within the early years and childcare sector. Our highly skilled and experienced staff team, the Colleges’ nursery provision and links with employers in the sector will support you to achieve your full potential.
- A relevant Level 3 qualification in Early Years with license to practice
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS
- Be employed within the sector in a relevant setting and role
- ICT access and skills to support online learning elements of the programme
- All applicants who are non-native English speakers, or who have not
studied the final two years of school in English, must have an IELTS score of
6.0 or above
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as a Nursery Manager, Pre-school Leader, Teaching Assistant, Early Years Practitioner or a Family Support Worker.
University Centre Rotherham (UCR)
This course is delivered at the new University Centre Rotherham (UCR) Click here to visit the
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2019-20 or 2020-21. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.