This award provides an introduction for those new to teaching and
training, or those wishing to teach or train. It offers a useful progression
route into the City and Guilds Certificate or Diploma in Teaching in the
Lifelong Learning Sector.
It is designed as a qualification which will
help equip a wide range of teachers/trainers and facilitators to deliver
What will I study?
- Planning teaching and learning activities: schemes of work and lesson
- Assessment processes and strategies
- Teaching strategies and pedagogical practice
- Creating and selecting resources
- Principles of learning
- Contemporary educational issues
- Reflective practice
- Communication skills
- Inclusive practice
Why study here?
- We have excellent year on year results with 98% of our learners passing
- We have well qualified teachers who all have experience of working in
- We have excellent relationships with our local schools
- The majority of our learners progress into jobs in the sector
- You will be well supported by your tutors and by your
What are the entry requirements?
Access to this award is open to all. Whilst there are no formal entry requirements, it is expected that candidates will have a good standard of literacy, and preferably have a subject qualification to Level 3.
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next
Step button at the top of this page.
For more information support
with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling
What courses can I progress onto?
Successful completion of the course enables you to progress on to either the Certificate/Diploma to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector or the Certificate in Education (Lifelong Learning Sector).
What career pathways are available?
- Teacher in Lifelong learning sector
- Trainer in lifelong learning sector
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Written tasks
- Practical activities
This course leads to the Threshold Licence to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2019-20 or 2020-21. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.