Contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 722777 for advice and
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- 19+ - Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay
An Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course for learners who are either aged 24 or over or aged 19 to 23 and already hold a full level 3 qualification. Contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 722777 for more information and clarification of eligibility.
About this Course
A GCSE in Biology could open the doors to a whole number of other courses and careers. Universities are increasingly asking for a Science GCSE as one of their entry requirements so a GCSE in Biology could be just what you need for your next step. During the course you will study various topics and carry out a number of required practicals that will provide you with all you need for the exams.
What will I study?
- A range of Biology topics
- Developing scientific thinking
- Experimental skills and strategies
- Analysis and evaluation
- Scientific vocabulary, quantities, units, symbols and nomenclature
Why study here?
- You will learn in our dedicated science labs at our Town Centre or
- Our highly qualified and skilled staff are industry specialists and have
several years’ experience delivering GCSE courses
What are the entry requirements?
GCSEs in English and Maths at grade D or above
How to apply?
If you live in Rotherham or Sheffield and are in Year 11 at school, you
can apply using the UCAS Progress application service. You will need login
details from your school. Please ask your teacher for more information.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking
the Next Step button at the top of this page.
information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student
Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 01709 722777.
What courses can I progress onto?
Further study is very much dependent on your other qualifications but many of
our students go on to study further education or higher education programmes
- Health and Social Care
- Animal Management studies
- Forensic Studies
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Biochemistry Engineering
What career pathways are available?
The study of biology is essential if you plan a career in:
- Allied Health Occupations
- STEM related fields
How will I be assessed?
The examinations will be scheduled in June and will be based on a
- Multiple choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Extended responses to demonstrate ability to construct and sustain line of
Students would benefit from purchasing the new AQA GCSE Biology revision book, however this is not essential.
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2018-19 or 2019-20. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.